Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Lists and Lit

We're closing in on three weeks to go before our great Rocky Mountain family adventure. July 1 can't come fast enough, but in the meantime I'm starting to think about list making and good choices for audiobooks to while away the long hours in the car on the way to the Black Hills and Badlands. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated, by the way.

Since we're headed straight for Lakota country, I thought it would be appropriate and perfectly timed to learn more as a family about the Lakota culture. I found the book The Lakota Way: Stories and Lessons for Living by Joseph M. Marshall III, and luckily Amazon has the MP3 audiobook, so at least we have a start to our road trip audiobook collection. I wish there were more obvious choices, but this is a good librarian challenge.

After mulling over the iPad list making app options (and there are seemingly endless choices), I settled on Paperless. It's elegant, easy to use, and gets great reviews. I've been creating several lists (camping gear, bike accessories, my clothes), and with each list you can check each item off the list, which changes its' status to "complete," meaning that your items are packed and loaded. Very cool and highly recommended.

While the to-do list is still sizable, it is definitely manageable and getting smaller.

No comments:

Post a Comment